How to read deleted messages in WhatsApp, is it possible? Yes, you can restore lost correspondence – in this review, we will teach you the subtleties of the process, teach you the necessary tricks, and give you useful tips! You will learn everything you need to know and be able to get the data back.
Less than seven days have passed
If you deleted your data less than a week ago – good news, data recovery will take a few seconds! The messenger has a unique feature, you can easily view deleted messages in Whatsapp. What is the reason for this? Every night, the system makes an automatic copy, which is stored on the servers for a week – it can be read.
It’s very simple! If you use an IPhone, you need to do the following:
- Hold your finger on the WhatsApp messenger icon;
- Wait for the cross to appear in the upper left corner and click on it;
- Confirm the action and delete the program;
- Open the App Store and search for WhatsApp in the search bar;
- Click on the download button;
- Wait for the installation and open the program;
- Once you receive a request to restore your data, click Yes.
Done! Now you can view deleted messages in WhatsApp for the last seven days.
If you use Android:
- Hold your finger on the WhatsApp icon;
- Move the messenger to the trash that will appear on the top panel;
- Go to Google Play Store and find messenger in the list of available downloads;
- Download the app and open it;
- Enter your phone number and click on the “Restore” button»;
- Information for the last week will be uploaded automatically and you can now read it.
It’s been more than 7 days
If deleted WhatsApp messages have gone into oblivion more than seven days ago, you can use special software to read the data. We will use the Recover Messages program as an example, but you can choose any other software.
Do the following:
- Connect your phone to your computer using a wire;
- Go to the WhatsApp/Databases path and find the file named “msgstore.db.crypt»;
- Transfer it to your computer;
- Open the Recover Messages website and find the “Select SQLite File” button;
- Enter the storage address of the file “msgstore.db.crypt»;
- In a few minutes, the received data will be transferred to your desktop, where you can read it.